Friday, August 04, 2006

Mini-update

First off, I just found out how to spell prima donna. It is not pre-madonna. Wow...I feel dumb. Summer is still going by. Went to Kansas City for Hill's student rep training. Some may call me a sell out. Maybe I am. But I was treated like I was a prima donna for the whole 4 days I was there. Ha ha, along with the 20 some other students. I learned a ton almost as much as I ate. I have never been offered so much food (and by this I mean people food folks). I ate shrimp!!! Holy crap!!! Got a lot of free stuff and met some pretty impressive people. Overall an awesome experience and I am looking forward to it again next year!!! I am really feeling like I have a slew of opportunities ahead. This is a bit onerous at times; only because it is hard to choose when you have an undecided heart. But it is also a blessing because I can choose from so many things. Oh...I now have buisness cards(random).

So, I am pretty excited for Tapes 'N Tapes making it big. I met Erik Appelwick(bassist) at a Vicious Vicious show(he's the lead singer for them too) last Sept. It's cool to see a local band do awesome. They played Letteman!!! Been kinda stuck on Muse's new record along with Taking Back Sunday, and "Over and Over," by Hot Chip. Still patiently awaiting MCR's new record release. When this event takes place all will be copasetic in my music world. I'm also diggin' Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek." I love to stream MTVU while I am analyzing data at work.

My love affair with coffee continues to blossom. No matter how much I try to deny myself of this pleasure. I do believe a Dunn Bros coffee ice-creama can make a dull day exciting and full of joy. I crave them. I believe I might hold the record for the speediest consumption time for a 24oz...LOL! I love them. Six months ago, I wouldn't go near coffee. Wow, how quickly things can change. I love coffee....

"We are all self-made. But only the successful will admit it." --Anonymous

No comments: